Undergraduate :: Research
How do I select the research class?
There are several different options for research classes depending upon your particular program as explained below.
- All classes have a BCH or CHM option. The BCH option should be picked by students who are in the BA Biochemistry, BS Biochemistry, or BS Biochemistry-Medicinal chemistry concentration degree programs. The CHM option should be picked by students in the BA Chemistry, BS Chemistry, or BS Chemistry-environmental chemistry concentration degree programs.
- All research classes are 1, 2, or 3 credit hours, corresponding to 4, 8, or 12 hours of research in the laboratory respectively. Each student chooses the number of credits depending upon the time they will spend in the laboratory.
- Students may sign up for a research class for more than one semester.
- Students who are not completing a thesis for Barrett Honors College will always pick the BCH 392 or CHM 392 class.
- A student in the Barrett Honors College will pick:
a. BCH 493 or CHM 493 if you are writing your thesis this semester and have completed BCH 492 or CHM 492 already
b. BCH 492 or CHM 492 if you plan on writing your thesis next semester
c. BCH 392 or CHM 392 if you have no immediate plans to write your thesis.
For additional information about the thesis requirements of students in the Barrett Honors College see: http://honors.asu.edu/w-Thesis_Creative_Project-49.aspx