FACULTY POSITIONS IN CHEMISTRY AND BIOCHEMISTRY
The Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry at Arizona State University invites applications for two tenure-track positions at the rank of assistant professor. One position is in the area of Chemical Biology (focusing on developing and/or using chemical tools to address fundamental questions in biology and medicine). The other position is in the area of Bio-analytical Chemistry, (focusing on novel approaches to monitoring health and health outcomes).
The Phoenix area has a rapidly growing number of medical and biomedical research institutions to which ASU has formal ties, offering many opportunities for interaction. These include Mayo Clinic and Mayo Clinic Medical School – Arizona Campus (affiliated with ASU), Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix Children’s’ Hospital, Banner MD Andersen Cancer Center, and many others.
The successful candidates will be expected to establish externally-funded research programs of significant national and international recognition, teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and participate on assigned governance and service committees in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry.
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Biology or a related field
- Demonstrate clear potential to establish a vigorous, externally-funded research program
- An outstanding record of research accomplishments
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to excellence in teaching
- Postdoctoral experience
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to working in an interdisciplinary environment
- For the position in Chemical Biology, a focus on developing and/or using chemical tools to address fundamental questions in biology and medicine.
- For the position in Bio-analytical Chemistry, a focus on novel approaches to monitor health and health outcomes.
Application Process - Application materials must be submitted electronically in a single PDF document to ChemSearch@asu.edu with the position applied for specified in the email subject line.
A complete application will include the following:(1) a cover letter indicating which position you are applying to, (2) a curriculum vitae with a list of publications, (3) a succinct outline of future research plans and (4) a statement of teaching philosophy and interests.
Three Letters of Recommendation are required; (5) Applicants must arrange for these letters of recommendation to be submitted to ChemSearch@asu.edu
The DEADLINE for submitting applications is Sunday, October 21, 2012, if the position is not filled; reviews will occur every two weeks thereafter until the search is closed. A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to excellence through diversity (http://www.asu.edu/title IX). Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.